5.07.2005

cheques cashed...


building at Dundas W/Quebec

Great buildings, not so great utilization: I went on a shooting rampage today with my newly acquired buddy Fuji Finepix, I think I got a little too trigger happy. Anyway, shooting in and around Junction again, I decided to shoot the great architecture that looks like it probably used to house some important commercial/financial offices but now they play hosts to the cheque cashing business, I found at least 3 examples of buildings, that look like they were former banks, and are now being used by the cheque cashers. The one on Keele & Dundas is definetely a gorgeous building, with art-deco influence. I guess they give the cheque cashing businesses a stately air, while I'm glad they have some form of activity going on in them than sitting vacant, I hope this is just a temporary transition to other uses in the future. Posted by Hello

No comments: